Published 01/03/2011 | 12:11
WHETHER you’re taking inspiration from Christian Dior’s ribbon lace-ups and fancy feathering or from the opulent platforms as seen at Matthew Williamson, get ready to step out in this season’s hottest footwear.
Let’s take a look at the hottest trends for feet and talk the talk, before we walk the walk.
(1) Look out for heels with ribbons that tie up the legs, as seen at Christian Dior’s show.
(2) Shoe laces also featured on some of the skyscraper heels, an interesting twist on the usual.
(3) Wedge platforms were also big news on the catwalks, with a season’s update of ornate gold, leopard-print designs and fancy detailing.
(4) The wedge base itself, which has been left plain by many for past seasons, was seen as a whole new area for design. Designers decorated on every available section of the wedge. One of the best was showcased at Rodarte (the label of choice for many stars including Natalie Portman). Here, leaf motifs were artistically sculpted into the shoe.
(5) At Matthew Williamson a similar theme emerged, with the gold base of the platform was seen as the area to decorate.
Catwalk to sidewalk
STROLL onto the sidewalk with these top tips for spring: �
For something formal, search for a shoe with feathered detailing (as seen again at Christian Dior) or how about a shoe with cutout detailing? Schuh and New Look have some jaw-dropping styles in stock. �
My must-visit for any coloured shoe this season is Schuh. Here you�fll find wonderful teal and cerise pink colours.
There are two main styles of wedge in the shops . neutral or wild. Keep it simple in a neutral colour (head to Penneys) or copy the catwalk and go for a really loud wedge. River Island has some funky designs that look designer, including a quirky floral one.
Sunday World Magazine