Sneak peek: 10 killer pieces coming to Brown Thomas next season
With Donald Trump and Brexit looming, romantic fabrics and nostalgic patterns might be far from your mind; but if this season's new style essentials are anything to go by - we will at least be dressed to kill for the pending political apocalypse.
Brown Thomas hosted its bi-annual fashion show at the newly renovated womenswear department of its Grafton Street store, treating fashion editors and influencers with an influx of flowing and impossibly feminine fabrics to the Spring/Summer 2017 collections.
Black features heavily throughout the designer collections next season - from floral Valentino dresses, monochrome Alexander McQueen and structured Maticevski skirts.
t's not all dark days ahead though as red, pink and yellow feature heavily in Balenciaga and Celine's offerings, with Peter Pilotto adding a twist to his signature prints with the hottest palette of SS17.
Kate Middleton's influence on the fashion industry is more obvious than ever with feminine silhouettes and midi length dresses featuring prominently in Gucci and Prada's collections.
In short, ladylike fashion is officially back and it's here to stay.
1. This Kate Middleton-inspired dress by Gucci.
2. This unusual two-piece by Preen.
3. This modern Victorian top by Dries Van Noten.
4. This leather luxe look by Dior.
5. This fun and flirty number by Zimmermann.
6. This dramatic gown by Celine.
7. This floaty piece by Magda Butrym.
8. The Olivia Palermo-style look by Proenza Schouler.
9. This colourful combination by Peter Pilotto.
10. This structured skirt by Maticevski.