10 items to instantly update your wardrobe
Hone your look with this edit of the best pieces to inject life back into your closet.
TOP TIPS FOR UPLIFTING YOUR LOOK:
● Block heel ankle boots look great with the new relaxed style skinny jeans - leave a gap between them for extra fashion brownie points.
● Cat-eye shaped sunglasses will raise the bar of any get-up in a flash.
● Add some sartorial badassery to your look with an injection of metallic leather.
● We are so over putting our arms in the actual sleeves of our coats. 'Shoulder robing' - aka wearing your coat hung on your shoulders - is the way forward, and looks fab with masculine wool coats.
● Wear an edgy rock chick-style cross-over bag to vamp up your usual daytime ensembles.
● Anything goes for trainers now - wear them with skirts, dresses and roll-up jeans.
● Blanket scarves are perfect for keeping you on trend and seriously cosy this time of year.
● Top off your outfits with an eye-catching wide-brimmed hat for instant fashion kudos.
● No longer the preserve of farmers and loggers, oversized shirts are fab tucked into a leather mini with ankle boots or over skinny jeans.
The trend for metallics continues apace for spring, and rose gold remains the hottest shade. Build on last year’s jewellery touches with bolder statement accessories
Trainers are still a must-have this year but don’t hold back when updating your look, in fact, the more colourful the better right now!
1. The Relaxed Skinny Jeans
€220, 7 for All Mankind, Brown Thomas
2. The feline sunglasses
€249, Gentle Monster, Harvey Nichols
3. The metallic pump
€65, River Island
4. The ankle boot
€39.99, New Look
5. The masculine coat
6. The everyday bag
€221, Michael Kors at House of Fraser
7. The funky runner
€54, Nike, Office
8. The blanket scarf
9. The felt hat
10. The boyfriend shirt