Saturday 22 October 2016

Prince died after taking 'accidental overdose'

Published 03/06/2016 | 02:30


Pop superstar Prince died after accidentally taking a fatal overdose of painkillers, a post-mortem examination has found.

  • Go To

The US Midwest Medical Examiner's Office's report said the Minneapolis singer had taken the opioid Fentanyl and his death was an accident.

The 57-year-old music superstar was found dead at his Paisley Park estate near Minneapolis on April 21.

The office said it has completed its death investigation and had no further comment.

Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid which is 50 times more potent than heroin.

It is being blamed for a recent surge in overdose deaths in some parts of the United States.

The painkiller also has legitimate medical uses.

Irish Independent

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in this section