Tim Wonnacott quits Bargain Hunt in wake of suspension rumours
Published 25/11/2015 | 15:26
Tim Wonnacott has stepped down from the BBC's Bargain Hunt after reportedly being suspended from the show.
The 62-year-old TV presenter and antiques expert is believed to have had a showdown with BBC bosses on September 11, and according to a report in The Sun at the time, the decision was taken to suspend him pending an investigation.
In September, a BBC spokesperson said: "Tim is not currently in production on Bargain Hunt and we are using guest presenters. We wouldn't comment on individual staff matters."
The BBC confirmed that Wonnacott had not taken part in any further filming for the show, with his final episodes set to air in early 2016.
Wonnacott, who joined the show in 2003, said: "I am pleased to have been part of Bargain Hunt for so many years and have thoroughly enjoyed every one of my roughly 1,200 programmes hunting out bargains with the contestants.
"Alongside continuing to voice Antiques Road Trip for the BBC, I look forward to developing new programme ideas."
A BBC spokesperson said: "We would like to thank Tim Wonnacott for his dedication to Bargain Hunt over the last 12 years and for the great expertise that he has brought to the show in that time.
"Bargain Hunt will be moving in a new direction next year utilising a team of experts who present a number of shows each. Tim continues to work with the BBC on Antiques Road Trip."
A team of experts will present the BBC One daytime show from January onwards.
Wonnacott was a contestant on last year's Strictly Come Dancing, where he partnered Natalie Lowe.