Stuart Baggs post-mortem fails to find Apprentice star's cause of death
Published 01/08/2015 | 11:02
Questions surround the sudden death of former Apprentice contestant Stuart Baggs after a post-mortem proved inconclusive, police said.
Despite no apparent cause of death, Isle of Man Police said there is "no reason to view the circumstances as suspicious".
The 27-year-old, who ran a communications firm on the Isle of Man, was found dead at an address in the island's capital, Douglas, at around 9am on Thursday.
The post-mortem examination following his "sudden and unexpected" death was carried out on Friday.
A police spokesman said: "Whilst at this time the cause of his death is not fully determined, there remains no reason to view the circumstances as suspicious, and routine inquiries will continue in order to inform the Coroner of Inquests of the full circumstances. The date of the initial inquest is to follow."
Speaking of the family, he said: "They would like to extend their gratitude for the support and kind wishes they have received from their family and friends, and the support of the constabulary."
At 21, Baggs was the youngest candidate when he appeared on the BBC One show in 2010.
He was knocked out at the interviews stage and the series was eventually won by Stella English, but he became a cult favourite with his steady stream of catchphrases and his description of himself as "Baggs the brand".
His sister, Charlotte Baggs, said the family's world had been "shattered apart" by his sudden death.
She wrote on Facebook: "Today my dearest brother Stuart Baggs gained his wings. To say we are all shocked and devastated is an understatement.
"Love him or hate him, he touched many people's lives from his TV antics to his amazing work with Bluewave Communications."
She added: "He was the biggest character and will leave the biggest hole behind. Not knowing what or why makes it all the harder.
"Can't explain how proud I am of him. He was the king of following his dreams and making them happen."
Past and present stars of the popular show took to social media to express their shock at the entrepreneur's death.
The Apprentice boss Lord Sugar said: "Terrible news Stuart Baggs has died. My sincere condolences to his family and friends RIP one of the stand-out characters of the Apprentice."
Nick Hewer, who left his role as Lord Sugar's adviser this year after a decade on the show, tweeted: "So sad to hear of Stuart Baggs' death. Condolences to his family. He will be remembered with affection by all who knew him on Apprentice 6."
Dara O Briain, former presenter of The Apprentice's spin-off programme, wrote: "Sad news about the death of Stuart Baggs. Interviewed him on You're Fired and he was funny and self-effacing. Condolences to his family."
Baggs, who recently turned 27, gave an interview to Isle of Man newspapers last week about his latest scheme to bring 4G broadband to the island.
Talking to the paper about his career, he said: "I work, as my hair will tell you, at least 18 hours a day. I sleep for four hours religiously, I would not have it any other way, like Margaret Thatcher."
He said that work gave him "a buzz", adding: "As to the future, we are already working on that."