Wednesday 20 September 2017

Ruth O'Neill soaks up the sun in LA after Xpose departure

Image: Ruth O'Neill/Instagram
Image: Ruth O'Neill/Instagram
Ruth O'Neill at the Peter Mark VIP Style Awards 2017 at The Marker Hotel Dublin. Picture: Brian McEvoy
Karen Koster and Ruth O'Neill on Xpose.
Ruth O'Neill and Cassie Stokes at the 3Live experience at Electric Picnic. Photo: Sasko Lazarov/Photocall Ireland

Sean O'Grady

Ruth O'Neill has kept true to her word and wasted no time leaving Ireland after she wrapped up her time on Xpose.

The Castleknock woman (29) headed straight for London after departing the TV3 series and is now soaking up the sun in Los Angeles.

The TV host, who originally joined Xpose to fill in for Aisling O'Loughlin while she was on maternity leave, has returned to her old home of LA where she lived for five years.

Ruth attended a wedding with her sister at the luxurious Hummingbird Range just north of the city recently as she prepares to go on the hunt for her next career move.

Sister Timeeeee 👯😜☀️💃🎉🇺🇸 #AlohaOCarrolls

A post shared by Ruth O' Neill (@ruthoneill) on

One person who looked to be absent from the festivities was Ruth's new boyfriend.

A source close to the presenter said the mystery man was one of the main reasons why she had decided to say goodbye to her TV gig and spend more time travelling through London, where he lives, and LA and New York.

"Ruth's new boyfriend lives in London and most of her friends are there and in America too so she didn't feel as settled in Dublin anymore," they said.

The Dubliner's exit from Xpose came as a shock to many viewers of the show as she had only joined the previous year with fellow newbie Cassie Stokes.

Ruth O'Neill at the Peter Mark VIP Style Awards 2017 at The Marker Hotel Dublin.
Picture: Brian McEvoy
Ruth O'Neill at the Peter Mark VIP Style Awards 2017 at The Marker Hotel Dublin. Picture: Brian McEvoy

Now one host short, Xpose will feature a number of guest presenters over the coming weeks until a new permanent host is selected.

US reality star Jonathan Cheban was scheduled to be the first last week but was forced to pull out at the last minute.

It is thought the series will not have its fourth presenter in place until at least September while several budding hosts and models will go through screen tests for the coveted gig during the summer.

Herald

Also in this section