Friday 24 March 2017

Nadine Coyle is 'lucky to be alive' after carbon monoxide poisoning forced family to evacuate home

Nadine Coyle
Nadine Coyle
Nadine Coyle on Good Morning Britain
Nadine Coyle seen arriving back at Heathrow Airport from Los Angeles with her daughter Anaiya
Nadine and fiance Jason Bell
Caitlin McBride

Caitlin McBride

Singer Nadine Coyle has revealed she is "lucky to be alive" after she was forced to evacuate her home due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Girls Aloud songstress evacuated the London home she shares with fiancé Jason Bell (36) and daughter Anaiya (18 months) after a plumber alerted her to the exposure.

The Derry native said she was experiencing memory loss, chest pains and fatigue, which prompted her to visit her physician, who said she was fine.

"I was forgetting simple things, I couldn't even remember the word for table," she said on Good Morning Britain.

Nadine Coyle on Good Morning Britain
Nadine Coyle on Good Morning Britain

Read more: Nadine Coyle's daughter Anaiya takes centre stage as 'mini bride' for friend's wedding

"I thought there was something seriously wrong. I was like, 'Is this a bug? Is it a cold? Am I getting ill?'"

"I was told I had been exposed to high levels of gas," Nadine explained. "He didn't tell me what gas exactly, so I was thinking, 'Is this me spending too much time in London? Is it smog?'

The singer said it wasn't until her boiler was being repaired that she was told about the carbon monoxide and her family was forced to leave the premises immediately.

Nadine Coyle seen arriving back at Heathrow Airport from Los Angeles with her daughter Anaiya
Nadine Coyle seen arriving back at Heathrow Airport from Los Angeles with her daughter Anaiya

Read more: 'I can't remember anything about my old life before having Anaiya,' says Nadine Coyle

"Then it just so happened that a guy was coming over to take a look at my boiler. That's when I was told for the first time that there were dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide in my house.

"We had to get everyone out of the house as soon as possible. Looking back, I was so lucky we got away when we did. Who knows what could have happened. It really didn't cross my mind that I was being exposed to carbon monoxide.

"It's terrifying when I think about what could have happened."

Nadine and fiance Jason Bell
Nadine and fiance Jason Bell

Online Editors

Promoted articles

Also in this section