Meghan Markle shops for groceries during stay at Kensington Palace with boyfriend Prince Harry
Meghan Markle has been reunited with Prince Harry after requesting time off from her hit legal drama Suits.
The American actress (35) was pictured in London on Thursday carrying groceries and making her way into Kensington Palace, where Harry resides.
It comes just days after the tv star requested time off from the show as she had "something important to do" and is believed to be meeting with lawyers and advisers as to how to cope with her overnight stardom.
While Markle is a well-known actress, her profile soared within a matter of days after her relationship with one of the world's most eligible bachelors was revealed last month. The pair had been quietly dating for two months after meeting at an event for Harry's Invictus Games.
It was reported that the 32-year-old royal has been in Canada, where she films Suits, to be by her side as the media storm kicked off, but now it looks like he's back on home soil and brought along his new love before he heads off on a royal tour of the Caribbean on November 20.
Markle is already believed to have met Prince Charles and his brother Prince William's wife Kate Middleton is said to be "really keen" to meet the new woman in his life.
Prince Harry made headlines earlier this week when he released a rare statement about his personal life confirming his relationship with actress and slamming the "sexist and racist undertones" in articles about their burgeoning relationship.
In the lengthy communication, he references the intense scrutiny "hidden from the public", including "nightly legal battles to keep defamatory stories out of papers; her mother having to struggle past photographers in order to get to her front door; the attempts of reporters and photographers to gain illegal entry to her home and the calls to police that followed; the substantial bribes offered by papers to her ex-boyfriend; the bombardment of nearly every friend, co-worker, and loved one in her life."
And while British newspapers like the Daily Mail and The Sun both slammed the move in scathing editorials citing his "privileged life at public expense", palace insiders told the Guardian it was an attempt to try to protect his new relationship and he doesn't regret it, despite the backlash.
"That’s what he wanted to do. This was a debate happening in public being encouraged by a handful of papers and he has added his voice to that and went straight to the public. Millions of people will have seen that statement directly," the source said.
Harry was reportedly prepared for the backlash but was hoping to start a conversation about privacy and let it be known to the public how unhappy he was with such extensive intrusion, especially given the media interference his late mother Princess Diana faced.