Marco Pierre White Jr calls off engagement after BB romp
Published 20/06/2016 | 12:21
Marco Pierre White Jr revealed he has called off his engagement following his romp in the Big Brother house with Laura Carter.
The 21-year-old son of celebrity chef Marco Pierre White had been given a "hall pass" by fiancee Kim Melville-Smith which allowed him to cheat on her during his time on the show, but she angrily tweeted last week that it did not mean an "open relationship".
He became the first evictee on Friday night and told Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield on This Morning that they had since decided to end their engagement and remain friends.
Speaking of his sexual encounter with Carter, he admitted: "M aybe I did push it too far and I take the full blame."
He continued: "I think Kim's a great person, I don't regret what I did. I shouldn't have done what I did, to be fair.
"I don't regret anything to do with Laura, I think she's a great person as well, but I do feel guilty, I feel bad."
White Jr, who was also engaged to commodity broker Jessyca Hydleman until March 2016, was asked if he thought he became engaged too young.
He replied: "Yes, I do. I don't know why I keep doing it."
In a statement read out by Schofield, White Jr blamed Melville-Smith's decision to sell a story to a tabloid on their break-up.
He explained: "She called me up and she told me she'd sold a story to The Sun, and after my mum sold stories about my family in the past, I don't really feel comfortable with someone I'm in a relationship with selling stories about me.
"I don't know when she can do it again. Frankly, she knows a lot of my secrets and I just don't feel comfortable with someone selling stories about me."
Talking about his father's reaction, White Jr said: "He was a bit upset about some of the things I mentioned on the TV show but he is proud of me.
"I feel like I let him down a tiny bit, to be fair. I feel really bad for my (15-year-old) sister obviously watching Big Brother."
White Jr denied comments his mother Mati Conejero made to a tabloid that he looked "lost" on the show.
He replied: "I don't feel lost, just a bit wild in my own way. Me and my mum, our relationship is very different, we don't really talk as much as I would like to.
"Honestly, I'm not lost, I think she's the one who's lost and confused."
He said there was no future for him and Carter outside the house and confirmed that an Instagram photo of him and another woman had been innocent, saying it was a producer on the show.