Tuesday 6 December 2016

Kim Kardashian drops lawsuit against website which claimed Paris robbery was faked

Published 25/10/2016 | 12:04

Kim Kardashian West was targeted by thieves in a Paris hotel (AP)
Kim Kardashian West was targeted by thieves in a Paris hotel (AP)
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian during Paris Fashion Week
Kim Kardashian and North West are seen walking in Soho on October 6, 2016 in New York City. (Photo by Raymond Hall/GC Images)

Kim Kardashian West has dropped her lawsuit against a celebrity website which claimed she had faked the dramatic Paris robbery after it removed the story and apologised.

  • Go To

The 36-year-old reality TV star was locked in a bathroom in a private residence in the French capital and tied up by armed robbers, who were dressed as police officers and are believed to have stolen jewellery worth €9.2 million.

Kardashian West later filed a lawsuit against website MediaTakeOut.com, which reported that she faked the entire ordeal and lied about the assault.

According to DailyMail.com, court documents now state that the case has been "voluntarily dismissed, without prejudice".

Kanye West and Kim Kardashian during Paris Fashion Week
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian during Paris Fashion Week

This follows the site issuing an apology online, stating: "After speaking to sources, including some connected to the Kardashians, and getting further details on the sequence of events, we are now confident and without a doubt believe that Kim Kardashian was robbed as was reported to the Paris police.

"Anyone who is still questioning it is wrong."

The site added: "We can understand how reports questioning if the robbery in fact took place can be hurtful, and so we apologise."

MediaTakeOut additionally said it has removed posts which suggested she staged the robbery and lied to the police in a retraction notice on Monday.

Kim Kardashian and North West are seen walking in Soho on October 6, 2016 in New York City. (Photo by Raymond Hall/GC Images)
Kim Kardashian and North West are seen walking in Soho on October 6, 2016 in New York City. (Photo by Raymond Hall/GC Images)

Kardashian West had filed her lawsuit in Manhattan, with her lawyers saying she was wrongly portrayed as a liar and a thief after she was attacked.

The site's report came after Twitter trolls mocked the mother-of-two's ordeal.

Entertainer James Corden rallied to Kardashian's defence, telling people to stop making jokes about the robbery and remember ''she's a mother, a daughter, a wife, a friend. Be nice or shut up''.

Meanwhile, a source close to the star has said Kardashian West, who is married to rapper Kanye West, has "no plans for any work appearances" in the near future.

Speaking to People.com, they added that she is "still figuring out her life" but that she is "more positive" following the robbery.

Kardashian West marked her 36th birthday last week with a low-key family celebration away from the spotlight.

Press Association

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in this section