Monday 24 October 2016

Jamie Oliver's north London home raided by burglars

Published 15/10/2015 | 18:21

Jamie Oliver's home was raided by burglars
Jamie Oliver's home was raided by burglars

Jamie Oliver's £7 million north London home has been raided by burglars after a break-in through a garage door.

  • Go To

Thieves stole thousands of pounds worth of jewellery and electronics after breaking through a door adjacent to the property, according to reports.

The celebrity chef and his wife and children are thought to have been at their Essex home during the raid on October 2.

Mr Oliver, 40, tweeted earlier this week saying he was in Southend filming.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police confirmed the burglary.

He said: "Police were called to an address on Friday October 2 shortly after 9pm after a member of the public reported that a door to the property was open.

"Officers attended and went inside the property and found that the premises had been burgled. Items were removed from the address."

Mr Oliver's spokesman played down the break-in, suggesting thieves had only accessed the basement.

He added there was "nothing really to it".

Police said no arrests have been made.

Press Association

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in this section