George Michael 'self conscious' about appearance since car crash
Published 27/07/2014 | 07:53
George Michael “hasn’t been seen out for months”.
The Fastlove singer was rushed to the hospital in May after collapsing in his North London home. Last year, the performer suffered a head injury when he fell out of a moving vehicle in the fast lane of the M1 motorway.
Now the 51-year-old is apparently causing concern among his friends as he has not left his home since being taken to the hospital in May, the British newspaper The Mirror reports.
“He hasn’t been seen out for months, he’s self-conscious about the scars on his throat and head caused by the M1 incident, and he’s put on weight,” a source told the publication.
The Careless Whisper singer has also had few visitors aside from his record producer David Austin and has been absent on his Twitter account since June 25, according to The Mirror.
“People are worried sick about him. He’s just cut himself off from everyone,” a source explained.
George has not had an easy time over the last few years. He drove his car into a storefront in 2010 and later served four weeks in prison for a DUI. The star has experienced a number of near-death events, including being unconscious for three weeks in 2011 after falling ill with pneumonia as well as the incident where he fell out of his vehicle on a motorway in 2013.
In 2009 he separated from Kenny Goss after 13 years together.
“Since splitting from Kenny and all his problems, he’s just gone off the radar,” a source told The Mirror. “It was really down to Kenny that he was actually out socialising – even if it was just going to the cinema locally or for a meal.”