David Coulthard 'to join Top Gear presenting line-up'
Published 23/12/2015 | 10:26
Formula One star David Coulthard and German racing driver Sabine Schmitz could be joining Top Gear's presenting line-up, it has been reported.
Motoring journalist Chris Harris will also be joining the show, according to The Sun.
On Tuesday it was revealed that the show's executive producer, Lisa Clark, was leaving the show after five months.
Clark, who had previously worked with Top Gear host Chris Evans on Don't Forget Your Toothbrush, said in a statement she was "moving on to new projects".
She added: "I'd like to wish production all the very best with the show."
The BBC issued a statement thanking Clark for her "incredible work for the last five months readying new Top Gear for its busy filming schedule in 2016 and planned return in May".
So far Evans has been tight-lipped about the format of the show.
Appearing as a guest on BBC One's Saturday Kitchen recently, he did reveal the first episode would air on Sunday May 8.
The BBC said it would not comment on any speculation regarding the line-up for the new show.