Claudine Keane's fear as six-year-old son Robert's school closed due to LA bomb threat
Published 16/12/2015 | 09:23
Claudine Keane has revealed her upset at an alleged bomb threat affecting the Los Angeles school district.
The model mother-of-two lives in Beverly Hills with her husband of seven years Robbie Keane and their two children Robert Jr (six) and Hudson (two months).
And the former Miss Ireland contestant revealed she was horrified when she received an email from her oldest son's school notifying them that his school would be closed due to a bomb threat affecting the area - which, it's now emerging, was likely a hoax.
More than 1,000 public schools were closed on Tuesday after a bomb threat was emailed in and Claudine said she was happy Robert was not in school that day.
"I am relieved to not be in LA while this is going on," she told the Irish Daily Star.
"I received an email and text message from Robert's school to say there would be no school today or until further notice due to threats to children's safety."
The new mother, who welcomed her second child with the LA Galaxy star in October, said little Robert has already practiced a lockdown drill at school for their safety.
"It's becoming absurd now to think that parents have to worry while their kids are at school, something which I experienced with the shootings in California," she added.
"It's also taking the innocence away from young children as the schools have made them aware these threats are happening so they know the drill."
Keane said last year she was forced to hide in a Valentino store on Rodeo Drive after hearing gunshots, which later were identified as being part of a bank robbery.