Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt reach temporary custody deal with conditions
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have reached a temporary custody agreement that will allow the actor to visit his six children, according to sources.
The agreement will be in place for three weeks, the two sources said.
It calls for Pitt's first visit with his children to be monitored by a therapist, but that may not be a requirement for subsequent visits.
The sources said both actors have agreed to undergo individual counselling.
Jolie filed for divorce on September 19, and her lawyer said the following day her decision was "for the health of the family".
Her filing sought sole physical custody of their six children, who range in age from eight to 15.
The temporary agreement has not been filed with the court, and Pitt has not yet responded to the case.
The FBI has said it is gathering evidence about allegations Pitt was involved in a dispute on a private flight with his family on September 14, although the agency has not opened a formal investigation.
Sources familiar with the allegations have said they centre on the actor's treatment of his 15-year-old son, Maddox.
Several news outlets have reported that the incident was being investigated by the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services, but the agency said it could not confirm whether it was involved.
Pitt and Jolie had been one of Hollywood's highest-profile couples, establishing a joint foundation for charitable work and spending their time off-screen as a family.
Pitt skipped Wednesday's premiere of Terrence Malick's new documentary Voyage Of Time: The IMAX Experience, which he narrated.
In a statement, Pitt said he was missing the premiere because he was "currently focused on my family situation and don't want to distract attention away from this extraordinary film".
Independent.ie Comments Facility
INM has taken the decision to remove the commenting facility on its online platform Independent.ie to minimise the legal risk to our business that arises from Ireland's draconian libel awards system.
We continue to look forward to receiving comments through direct email contact or via social media, some of which may still be featured on the website Independent.ie