Joan Rivers’ ten most outrageous celebrity put downs
Published 05/09/2014 | 09:22
The legendary comedienne was known for her sharp wit and sharper tongue.
The late night talk show host, red carpet critic and queen of the one liner was notoriously candid.
She once said, “You can tune me out, you can click me off, it's OK. I am not going to bow to political correctness. But you do have to learn, if you want to be a satirist, you can't be part of the party.”
See below for some of her most outrageous celebrity bashings:
1. “I said Justin Bieber looked like a little lesbian -- and I stand by it: He's the daughter Cher wishes she'd had.”
2. “Look at Gwyneth Paltrow being named the most beautiful this year. She got Helen Keller and Stevie Wonder to vote.”
3. “Elizabeth Taylor is so fat she puts mayonnaise on aspirin.”
4. “Katie Holmes is not a very good actress. Did you see her try and play John F. Kennedy's wife? She was so bad he shot himself in it.”
5. “Madonna is so hairy. When she lifted her arm, I thought it was Tina Turner in her armpit.”
6. “As a Jew, I don't want to see Mel Gibson at a party. I don't want to run into him in the kitchen because there’s an oven in it and I’m afraid of what he might do.”
7.“If Kate Winslet had dropped a few pounds, the Titanic would never have sunk.”
8. “Camilla Parker-Bowles is so ugly that at airports they make her frisk herself.”
9. “The whole Michael Jackson thing was my fault. I told him to date only twenty-eight-year-olds. Who knew he would find 20 of them?”
10. “I met Adele! What's her song, Rolling In The Deep? She should add 'fried chicken.”