Elsa Hosk: Seven things you need to know about Victoria’s Secret newest Angel
Published 22/04/2015 | 12:05
Elsa Hosk has been bestowed with her Angel wings, replacing the brand’s long serving models Karlie Kloss and Doutzen Kroes.
Here are seven things to know about the Swedish beauty.
1. The 26-year-old is represented by IMG models. She was initially snapped up by the agency at the age of 14, after her father sent them her photos.
2. Landing a contract in 2011 was Elsa’s big break. Before she accepted the prestigious title of ‘Contract Angel’, Elsa was a brand ambassador for the Victoria’s Secret PINK line for two years.
3. The stunning blond can credit her athletic figure to her love for sports. Growing up, she played basketball professionally at a national level in her native country.
4. Elsa works with a charity organisation called FAIR girls, which aims to put an end to human trafficking.
5. The willowy model is a favourite of international designers such as Giambattista Valli, Carolina Herrera and Joseph Altuzarra. She has also fronted campaigns for brands including H&M, Guess, CoverGirl cosmetics and Acne Jeans.
6. The Vogue regular is also a budding film actress, having starred in several short Indie films.
7. At last year's runway show in London, Elsa was the model whose wings nearly smacked pint-sized singer Ariana Grande as the two crossed paths on the catwalk.