9 inspiring Mindy Kaling quotes to live by
Actress, writer and all around queen Mindy Kaling has opened up about her "gross" body, saying it has brought her "much happiness".
In an interview with the Guardian, she gave yet another inspiring series of quotes, we rounded up some her best to date:
1. "I’m constantly in a state of self-improvement, but I don’t beat myself up over it."
2. "One day you will have the power to make a difference – so use it well."
3. "If you got it flaunt it, if you don't got it, flaunt it."
4. “If someone called me chubby, it would no longer be something that kept me up late at night. Being called fat is not like being called stupid or unfunny, which is the worst thing you could ever say to me."
5. "I find it very sad that so many girls who look up to me or are interested in me are young women of color who have been told that they are ugly and who feel that they are not normal. I think it's so important for women who look like me find that they can be beautiful or objects of love, attention, and affection."
6. "I don't need marriage. I don't need anyone to take care of all my needs and desires. I can take care of them myself now."
7. "If I'm at a party where I'm not enjoying myself, I will put some cookies in my jacket pocket and leave without saying good-bye."
8. "Why the f**k not me?" should be your motto."
9. "Insults about the way I look can’t be the thing that harms me and my heart the most. It has to harm me the least. If I have a daughter, I’m going to tell her that. Far too many women are much more hurt by being called fat or ugly than they are by being called not smart, or not a leader. If someone told me that I was stupid or that I wasn’t a leader, or that I wasn’t witty or quick or perceptive, I’d be devastated. If someone told me that I had a gross body, I’d say, ‘Well, it’s bringing me a lot of happiness.’ Like, I’m having a fine time of it. Having my priorities aligned like that has helped me have a happier life, I think."