5 celebrities who used Kate Middleton's star power to boost their own
Britney Spears today said she'd love to see Kate Middleton modelling her latest line of lingerie.
While the pop icon is one of the most PR savvy entertainers in showbiz, she joins a long line of famous faces who have used the Duchess' star power to boost their own.
1. The Kardashians sent Kate clothes from their Lipsy line in 2012. She politely declined.
2. Millie Mackintosh says Kate wears too much eyeliner and wants to give her a makeover... as she launched her own clothing line.
"She'd look great in one of my little wrap dresses as she has such a gorgeous body and I think it would be fun - less middle-aged - and a bit sexier without being too revealing."
3. British designer Vivienne Westwood drummed up some PR for herself when she slammed the Duchess for not recycling her clothes enough.
"If you're going to all that trouble to get an outfit that suits you, then you should keep on wearing it," she said last year. "I mean you don't have to have a red outfit one day and then something almost the same in blue the next.'"
4. Shoe designer Nicholas Kirkwood also said that she should quit the commitment to nude courts and try something new. Perhaps a pair of Nicholas Kirkwoods?
"She just wears too much high street stuff. I know she’s trying to be democratic, but I don’t know how many pairs of LK Bennett you can wear," he said.
5. Mary Portas also hopped on the slamming Kate bandwagon in 2011, saying that she's far from a fashion icon...as she promoted her latest retail venture.
"Is that fashion? No," she said. "I think she's done an incredible job globally, but I do not know how you can say she is a fashion icon. I just don't get that."