Sunday 23 October 2016

Bruce Jenner sued for wrongful death of victim of car crash

Published 01/05/2015 | 20:31

Father-of-six Bruce Jenner talking on ABC
Father-of-six Bruce Jenner talking on ABC

Bruce Jenner is being sued by the family of the woman who died in the car accident he was involved in back in February.

  • Go To

The former Olympian caused a fatal four-car collision on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu when he struck another vehicle.

The accident claimed the life of 69-year-old Kim Howe and now report that her two stepchildren, who had little to no relationship with the deceased, have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Bruce, accusing him of being “careless and negligent” by causing the accident.

A video that emerged shortly after the incident appeared to show Bruce at fault – not looking when he hit Mrs Howe’s Lexus, causing it to swerve into oncoming traffic and crash into a Hummer coming the other way.

Read more: Video emerges of fatal Bruce Jenner crash as investigation continues

The lawsuit alleges that Bruce was speeding at the time of the accident. However, this contradicts what law enforcement sources previously said, which was that he was driving under the speed limit at 38 miles per hour when the incident occurred.

According to TMZ, the crash is still being investigated by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, who will send their file over to the Los Angeles County District Attorney in due course.

Read more: Bruce Jenner was not texting while driving and evidence will show that - star's publicist

Following the crash, Bruce offered his sympathies to the family of the crash victim.

"My heartfelt and deepest sympathies go out to the family and loved ones, and to all of those who were involved or injured in this terrible accident," Bruce said in a statement to Access Hollywood.

Kim Kardashian and dad Bruce Jenner. PIC: Kim Kardashian West Twitter
Kim Kardashian and dad Bruce Jenner. PIC: Kim Kardashian West Twitter
Bruce Jenner reveals he is transitioning into a woman on a Diane Sawyer Interview special on the ABC network in America
Father-of-six Bruce Jenner talking on ABC

"It is a devastating tragedy and I cannot pretend to imagine what this family is going through at this time. I am praying for them. I will continue to cooperate in every way possible."

A representative for the former Olympian is yet to comment on the latest development.

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in this section