Seeing stars: Beauty queen Triona McCarthy's all-star line-up
Published 14/12/2015 | 02:30
This week, our number-one beauty expert has an all-star line-up of her make-up must-haves that have made it onto The List for 2015
So here is The List of what really impressed me this year!
* Charlotte Tilbury's Magic foundation, €40, is fool-proof for a glowing luminous finish.
* Also, Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Compact, above, €45, glides on and lasts all day without settling into lines.
* For model-like definition, try Estee Lauder New Dimension Shape + Sculpt Face Kit, €45. Swipe the deeper hue beneath your cheekbones and apply the lighter one above them.
* YSL Touche Eclat Blur Perfector, €40, is a wrinkle eraser, pore shrinker, and oil blotter all in one.
* Brush on Vita Liberata Trystal Self Tan Bronzing Minerals, €39.95. It gives an instant glow that lasts for days, as the powder contains tiny particles of DHA which activate with your foundation or moisturiser.
* Armani Ecstasy Lacquer, €31.50, combines the shine of a lacquer with the moisture of a balm and the hold and intensity of ink.
* Fifth Avenue by essie, €9.99, is my go-to orangey red for nails.
* YSL's newly-tweaked Faux Cils mascara, €32.50 - which I'm holding in my photo, above - is my number-one mascara.
* Max Factor's Masterpiece High Precision Liquid Eyeliner, €10.99, is the best eyeliner.
* Mac Amber Times Nine eyeshadow palette, €40, is the perfect palette.
* L'Oreal Paris Perfection Brow Artist Plumper, €8.99, is filled with fibres for full brows.
* Finally, CallanBerry Professional Brush collection, from €18, is a dream to use.
Fake tan brings out the inner eeejit in me! However, my quick trick for tandoori-looking tanned ankles, elbows and knees - you know when the tan has grabbed onto the dry skin there - is to mix lemon juice and lime juice on a flannel with some water, warm it in the microwave for a minute, then rub vigorously to help lighten the overload. #tantastic
My baby girl Seren, or Mini as we call her, is one next week.
We may have given her the wrong name, though, as there's nothing mini about Mini. She's got her Daddy's tumtums and her Mummy's bumbums.
Peeps can't believe she's only a year, so it's like we've called her something ironic, in the same way tiny terriers are sometimes named Rocky or Rambo, and they couldn't be further from that.
Anyhoo, Mini and her big bro, Maxi, have been helping me dress our Christmas tree with these delightful Charlotte Tilbury Mini Lipstick Charms, €40, containing three universal Kissing shades - the very pretty Penelope Pink, the popular Bitch Perfect and the iconic So Marilyn red.
Men, take note - ladies love these!
A real corker
At the recent Irish Tatler Women of the Year Awards, some of the winners were, like me, from west Cork, such as author Louise O'Neill and media powerhouse Dee Forbes.
Any chance I get, I'm championing my home county, so let me tell you about Brookes Pharmacy in Bandon.
Not only have they got all the best beauty buys from Burt's Bees, Trilogy, Art Deco and Gosh, and a kiddies play area, they also have a brand-new beauty salon.
Their charming therapist, Lisa, told me they offer everything from laser teeth whitening, laser hair removal, spray tans, waxing, threading, facials, and Gelish nails.
Brookes Pharmacy & Beauty Salon, 29 Main St, Bandon, Co Cork, tel: (023) 884-1136, or see brookespharmacy.com
Triona's most wanted
Yogandha Salute essential oil roller
I'm so completely addicted to Butler's cappuccinos, it's actually ridic! I have a very sweet tooth - in fact, what am I saying? All of my teeth are sweet, so the free choc you get with your coffee definitely does it for me as well.
It's also probably tiredness that makes me crave caffeine and chocolate. So in an effort to be a bit more health-conscious, I've been trying something that has absolutely no calories, and that makes me feel better and smell better . . . it's a Yogandha Salute essential oil roller,€19.95, see yoghandha.com.
I just roll some on my wrists, take a few deep breaths and honestly, it really gives me such a lift. And it's far better to use late at night, when I'm wrecked, but I still have work to do, and need my brain to keep on, keeping on.
Smell changes how you feel instantly, and the zesty and uplifting grapefruit and bergamot are great for mental clarity.
That's why it's essential for beating jet lag as well, and it claims to help boost your immune system.
An Irish company, Yogandha was founded in 2011 by yoga teacher Sinead Duffy, who has a background in both philosophy and human rights.
As Sinead says, "We offer people a 100pc natural and effective, simple and positive solution to enhance their daily routine. Just try it, because you will instantly feel better!"
If you like to party like a McCarthy, then you'll need Clarins Double Serum Complete Age Control Concentrate, €69.50, to be a smarty like a McCarthy when it comes to the morning after the night before.
More than just a serum, this fabulous product instantly leaves my skin looking dewier, and doesn't peel off under my moisturiser like some serums tend to do, while continuous use gives noticeably firmer, brighter, hydrated skin.
Sunday Indo Life Magazine