How to Pull Off a Nude Lipstick
A step-by-step guide with Lyndsey Cavanagh (pictured), Max Factor make-up artist
1. Light, fresh and luminous skin bases will really complement the subtle look of a nude lip. Try Max Factor Miracle Match Foundation, €16.99, and apply to the centre of the face, blending outwards towards the hairline.
2. Add a touch of creamy blusher, such as Max Factor's Miracle Touch Creamy Blush, €9.99, across the apples of your cheeks for a dewy, youthful glow. For a natural-looking finish, choose a cheek colour that is in harmony with your lip colour - pinky-toned blush with the pinky-toned nudes, peach or apricot blush coupled with the peach-based nudes and a soft bronze-toned blush will work perfectly with flesh-toned nudes.
3. Keep brows tidy and tailored with a touch of brow pencil to add subtle definition. Add brow gel to comb upward, opening up the eye area.
4. Soft diffused liner is very much on trend this season so use creamy kohl liners applied to the roots of your upper and lower lash line.
5. Applying layers of mascara on the upper lashes will draw your eyes out.
6. Apply lip liner in a shade very similar to your chosen lipstick.
7. Apply your chosen lipstick with a lip brush to well-exfoliated and moisturised lips. Blot off any excess.
8. Dab some clear gloss in the centre of your lips.