Win a trip to Ireland's Lakelands!
Published 15/04/2016 | 13:14
Please note this competition has now closed. Thanks to all who entered!
Discover the hidden beauty of Ireland’s Lakelands this May Bank Holiday. We're delighted to be offering our readers the chance to win one of two amazing getaways to enjoy the heart of Ireland over the May Bank Holiday AND be part of Discover Ireland’s latest promotional campaign! You'll need to be available for the 30th, 1st and 2nd of May to enjoy your prize.
Ireland's Lakelands are an undiscovered jewel. Punctuated by clear flowing rivers, expansive lakes, lush, scenic countryside and colourful towns, it’s the perfect playground for adventure and activity on and off the water.
Those who know the magic of Ireland’s Lakelands and waterways keep it as a closely guarded secret, those who don’t, have an inspirational experience to enjoy. Try your hand at the short quiz below, fill in your details and you'll be entered into the draw to win one of two bank holiday weekend breaks!
The Lakelands abounds in beautiful trails for walking and cycling as well as every type of water activity imaginable – from kayaking to canoeing, paddle boarding to pier jumping. Enjoy thrilling adventure on and off the water in the stunning surrounds of Lough Derg.
The prize includes:
- 3 night’s self-catering accommodation in the rural setting of Fuchsia Lane Farm Cottages
- Experience the thrill of mountain biking at Bike Park Ireland
- Enjoy watersports on Lough Derg with Watermark Ski Club
- Dinner in local restaurants on two evenings
The roots of Irish Christianity can be traced to the Lakeland’s region with the peace and tranquillity of the lakes enabling a millennia of faith and retreat. Be your own captain and cruise through centuries of history and culture, experiencing the history of high kings, fallen warriors and ancient monks that still lingers in the air as you explore the cultural richness of the Lakelands region.
The prize includes:
- Captain your own cruiser on a 3 night cruising break for 4 people with Locaboat Holidays
- Guided tour of Athlone Castle
- Sculpt your own piece of bog oak at Celtic Roots Studio
- Tour of monastic settlement of Clonmacnoise
- Dinner included on one evening
Just fill out your details at the end of the quiz, and you'll be entered into the draw to win.