Roz lifts the lid on lunch
Published 26/08/2016 | 10:03
Creative ideas for lunch can be hard to come by, but here are two tasty dishes you can have fun cooking together: a Cabbage Veggie Wrap and the loaded Sweet Potatoe “Sambo”.
Cooking together is fun and exciting, particularly when you learn new recipes for everyday meals. We got together with Roz Purcell in the IKEA store in Ballymun, Dublin so she could show us some healthy lunch alternatives that work well when you make them together. By sharing the work, you not only cook faster, you also have a lot more fun together.
4 large cabbage leaves
4 tbsp. hummus
80g cooked sweet potato
Handful fresh sprouts
1. Remove 4 large leaves from a savoy cabbage, place the leaves in a pot of boiling water for 4-5 minutes (over heat) to soften a little for rolling, but still keeping an element of crunch.
2. Remove and dry off using some kitchen paper.
3. Prepare a clean surface for filling and rolling.
4. Load up your favourite fillings starting with the sauces or dips and as you would with a regular wrap, tuck in each end and roll it up securely.
Additional fillings options
Sweet Potato “Sambo”
Serves 2 large portions
1 large sweet potato, sliced 75cm thick
1 ripe avocado
2 tbsp. pesto
8 baby tomatoes
4 slices Parma ham or halloumi halved
1. Preheat Oven
2. Place the sweet potato slices on a flat baking tray and bake for 20 minutes at 220°C until tender and crispy along the edges. Alternatively you can toast the slices for a quicker option.
3. Prepare the avocado by removing the skin and stone and mashed along with the pesto.
4. Load up the sweet potato thin with a dollop of avocado pesto, sliced baby tomatoes and layer of Parma ham or halloumi.