Ten-pin Bowling - Sean Campbell
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:31
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Sean Campbell
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Bowling
CLUB DETAILS: Causeway Coast Special Olympics Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
I get to meet new friends. I get to try my best and I get to travel to different places.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been involved for around 10 years in Aquatics, Basketball, Golf and Bowling.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I am training weekly at my Club. I will meet TEAM IRELAND every month for 1 day Training Sessions plus 3 Residential weekend Training Sessions.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was jumping up and down with excitement and pride.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
Travelling to Limerick for The All Ireland Games in 2014 was a brilliant experience.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I enjoy watching TV, Movies and playing on my Xbox.
I work as a Cleaner in my local Leisure Complex and I am also a member of the Gym there.