Ten-pin Bowling - Ruth Geerah
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:33
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Ruth Geerah
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Ten Pin Bowling
CLUB DETAILS: Galaxy Special Olympics Club, Mullingar, Co Westmeath
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
I enjoy the fun, the competition and making friends.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been involved in Bowling, Badminton and 5-A-Side Soccer for 8 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
World Games Training; Club Training and Healthy Eating.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was over the moon, excited and could not believe the good news. It has not really sunk in yet.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
European Games in Warsaw 2010 saying The Athletes Oath.
Also when I did the Torch Run in Mullingar in 2003.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I like socialising with my friends, Music, Bowling, watching Soccer (Liverpool). I hope to visit the Liverpool shop in Dublin.