Table Tennis - Carole Catling
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Carole Catling
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Table Tennis
CLUB DETAILS: Abbotscross Special Olympics club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
I enjoy the sport of Table Tennis and the experience of meeting people.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
Table Tennis; Badminton, Bocce for about 10 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
Squad Team Table Tennis Training every month from January 2015, plus special training arranged for me by my family.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
Shocked – I did not expect to be picked.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
Winning GOLD in the World Summer Games in Athens and seeing my Mum’s reaction.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I keep a scrap book – usually on Sport.