Gymnastics - Shauna Stewart
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:31
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Shauna Stewart
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Gymnastics
CLUB DETAILS: St. Hilda’s School, Athlone, Co Westmeath
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
I am proud to be part of the Team. I like meeting new people and making new friends.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
Gymnastics and Swimming.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I train once a week with my School Coach.
I go for walks and go to the gym.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was very happy when I heard the news. I am also looking forward to the upcoming Training.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best moment was meeting my Team for the first time.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I like swimming and bringing our dogs for walks.