Gymnastics - Ashleigh O'Hagan
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:32
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Ashleigh O’Hagan
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Gymnastics
CLUB DETAILS: Lisnagry Special Olympics Club, Limerick
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It is great to be representing my Club and Country. I am delighted to be going to the World Games in Los Angeles, USA.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been involved for over 5 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
Walking, Stretching and Training weekly in my Club and I will practice at home.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was very pleased and delighted to tell family, peers and all who know me.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory is the fun and how happy I feel to be out at the Club.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I love Sports and Training.
I like to use my computer and play Games.