Gymnastics - Aoife O'Sullivan
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:32
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Aoife O’Sullivan
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Gymnastics – Rhythmic
CLUB DETAILS: Owenabue Gymnastics Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
Before I joined Special Olympics I was not an Athlete. At the moment I enjoy being an Athlete and it has changed my life.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
Gymnastics – I have been doing it for over 20 years.
Badminton – I have been doing it over 16 years.
Swimming – I have been doing it over 22 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I do 4 days extra Training with Owenabue Gymnastics Club and I do one day a month with TEAM IRELAND.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I got a shock and a surprise when I received the letter telling me I had been selected to go to LA. I couldn’t believe it! I am looking forward to representing myself, my country and my Club.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
I got to see my favourite soccer player from Real Madrid – Kaka.
I have a lot of memories and moments that inspire me and I always enjoy every minute of it.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I am interested in everything with the likes of Music and Sports.
I adore my family, relatives and friends. I am sporty and like to keep going. In the past I have always enjoyed my soccer and break dancing. I am known as a B-Boy because my friends got me into it. I am a female Rapper as well.