Golf - Ursula McDonnell
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:32
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Ursula McDonnell
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Golf
CLUB DETAILS: Fortwilliam Gold Club / Eagles Special Olympics Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
Unbelievable! It is thanks to my partner Jill that I am here! We are going to work hard at improving our Golf and enjoy every minute!
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
My sport is Golf and I have been involved with ‘The Eagles’ Special Olympics Golf group in Belfast for the past 7 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
Jill and I will meet as often as possible to play together. In between times we will each practise and play as much Golf as possible.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I am very proud and humbled to be an Athlete with Special Olympics Ireland.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory is The Friendship!
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I am a retired Teacher. I enjoy Golf, Reading and Walking.