Golf - Margaret Carr
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Margaret Carr
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Golf
CLUB DETAILS: Rosspoint Athletics Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
I am very proud to be an Athlete with Special Olympics.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been involved in Golf for 15 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I will be playing 9 holes of Golf weekly and increasing my stamina by walking daily.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I felt full of pride.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory is winning a GOLD medal.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
My hobbies are Crochet, Swimming and Walking. I love watching television.