Football 5-A-Side - Emmet Daly
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Emmet Daly
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: 5-A-Side Football
CLUB DETAILS: Sporting Fingal
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It will be a good experience.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I play Football with Sporting Fingal for 2 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
Doing Training and Exercise – I cannot wait to play in Los Angeles.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was happy.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
Getting picked for LA to represent Ireland.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I like to go to the gym and go out with my friends.