Football 11-A-Side - Wayne McDonagh
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Wayne McDonagh
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Football 11
CLUB DETAILS: Bray Lakers Special Olympics Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It is a proud achievement to be part of the TEAM IRELAND representing my Country in a sport I love.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been playing Football with Bray Lakers for over one year.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I will be Training with the Club twice a week.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was very excited and overwhelmed.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
I have not experienced it yet!
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I am in College doing Chef Studies for two years. I love Football especially Manchester United.