Football 11-A-Side - Sean McDonald
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Sean McDonald
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Football 11
CLUB DETAILS: Bray Lakers Special Olympics Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It is a great feeling to get picked. I could not believe it. It was the best feeling ever.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been playing Football for Bray Lakers for the past 8 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I train two times a week. I drink lots of water and eat the right foods.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was proud to get picked as I worked hard in the matches up to the Games.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
When I went away with the Team to Switzerland I got picked and it was a great memory.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I am Sean and I am 27. I like Manchester United. There are four in my family. I am the youngest in the family.