Football 11-A-Side - Noel Delaney
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:32
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Noel Delaney
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Football 11
CLUB DETAILS: Sporting Fingal
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It means a lot to me to represent Team Ireland in the World Games in Los Angeles.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
Football. I played for Bray for four years and then I moved to Sporting Fingal because it is closer to me.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
Well I’m trying to keep fit going to the gym and training with my club so I’m trying my best to get the exercise going.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was really excited it was something I always wanted to do.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
When I first started playing for Bray I made great friends. Ever since then we have stayed in contact.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I love playing football. I’m a massive Aresenal fan. Football is in my blood and it’s all I wanted to do.