Football 11-A-Side - Matthew Troy
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:32
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Matthew Troy
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Football 11
CLUB DETAILS: Sporting Fingal Special Olympics Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It means everything to me to be selected to represent Ireland.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
Soccer and Basketball. Soccer – 2 years. Basketball – 2 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I will train one a week with Soccer and Basketball and I go to the gym in my spare time.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was very happy when I heard I had been selected for TEAM IRELAND.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best moment was winning the GOLD medal in Limerick 2014.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I like sports, socialising and hanging out with my friends.