Football 11-A-Side - Laurence Keegan
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Laurence Keegan
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Football 11
CLUB DETAILS: Sporting Fingal Special Olympics Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It means everything to me to be chosen to represent my country.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been playing Soccer for 6 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARTION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I am doing lots of physical training.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was so thrilled and delighted.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory is winning GOLD in the Ireland Games 2014 in Limerick.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I love going out and socialising.