Football 11-A-Side - Darren Bevins
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:32
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Darren Bevins
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Football 11
CLUB DETAILS: Bray Lakers Special Olympics Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
Being a Special Olympics Athlete has changed my life and I have met new friends.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been involved with Bray Lakers for 3 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I will be Training two times a week.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I could not believe it as I thought it would never happen.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory is meeting new friends and playing for Special Olympics.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
My Mam and Dad died when I was 6 years old. My aunty took me in and it has been hard but now I have my own house with my friend.