Football 11-A-Side - Anthony Clarke
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Anthony Clarke
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Football 11
CLUB DETAILS: Bray Lakers Special Olympics Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It means a great deal to me and I will be representing on behalf of my Country, Family and Friends.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have played Football for 6 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I will be Training twice a week and monthly with TEAM IRELAND.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was shocked and very excited.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory is winning the double with Bray Lakers.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I love Soccer, Swimming, Walking and Music.