Football 11-A-Side - Andrew Armitage
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:32
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Andrew Armitage
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Football 11
CLUB DETAILS: Sporting Fingal Special Olympics Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
I am proud to be a Special Olympics Athlete and I like making friends.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been playing Football for 4 years and Golf for 6 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I will be practicing Football skills and learning to defend better in games.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I felt very proud and delighted for my family.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory is winning at the National Games in Limerick and getting a letter saying I was chosen for the World Games in Los Angeles.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I enjoy playing Golf. I have 3 Sisters and I live in Skerries.