Equestrian - Elizabeth Mair
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:32
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Elizabeth Mair
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Equestrian
CLUB DETAILS: Festina Lente
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
I get the chance to meet new people; to go training and to learn new things.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been involved in equestrian for 16 years. I also do Table Tennis and Tennis.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
We do weekly training and monthly with Team Ireland. I plan to do some swimming and I already walk nearly every day.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was shocked but very happy and delighted.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memories are meeting new people and making new fiends. I love seeing new places. Winnign Gold at National games and being selected to represent Ireland in LA 2015.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I love reading Brian O'Driscoll's new book as I am a big rugby fan. I love cooking and baking cakes and my favourite is chocolate cake. I love listening to the radio when I am on the bus. I am the eldest - I have one sister and one brother.