Equestrian - Déarbháil Savage
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:32
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Déarbháil Savage
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Equestrian
CLUB DETAILS: Saddle and Reins
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
I am so happy and delighted.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been involved with my club for two and half years and love horse riding.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I go horse riding every week with my club and monthly with team Ireland. I also go swimming and I walk a lot.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I felt great and very happy.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory is Mum and Dad being proud.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I love horse riding. I like playing outside and enjoy football, DS Games and my dogs and cats. My favourite television programme is the X fActor and I love the music of One Direction. There are twelve in my family including Mum and Dad. My siblings are Mairead, Eva, Callum, Mickey, Gareth, Aine, Omar, Cliona and Michael.