Bocce - Peter Malynn
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Peter Malynn
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Bocce
CLUB DETAILS: St. Hilda's Centre, Athlone
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It makes me feel good.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
Football, basketball and bocce.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
Peter trains with St. Hilda's Centre, Athlone. They train in the Centre and once a week travel to Galway to train on a full size court. Peter keeps himself fit by playing football and basketball.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
"Good". I smiled a lot when I heard the news. I was proud of myself.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
Going to Limerick and representing Leinster in Bocce. The opening ceremony and playing in the competition.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I have two brothers and one sister in my family. I play football and basketball with my club in Mullingar.