Basketball - Sarah Byrne
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:32
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Sarah Byrne
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Basketball
CLUB DETAILS: Palmerstown Wildcats Special Olympics Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
it is a privilege to be an athlete with the Special Olympics Ireland. It is a dream come true.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
Basketball for seven years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I do basketball training three times a week. I do football, soccer, athletics and basketball in school.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was delighted.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
When I won silver in the Athens at the World Games in 2011.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
Sports; PS4; Music; NBA; Soccer; Football; GAA.