Basketball - Clare Nolan
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:32
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Clare Nolan
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Basketball
CLUB DETAILS: Blackrock Flyers
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
I like being with my friends. I like playing basketball.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
Basketball for seven years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
Basketball training with my club and Team Ireland; running the park; eating healthy food.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was happy, delighted and excited.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
The Ireland Games in Limerick this year.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
There are five in my family. I am the youngest - two brothers - no sisters. I like relaxing and watching TV. I like EastEnders. I like going for a walk.