Basketball - Anne Marie Cooney
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:33
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Anne Marie Cooney
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Basketball
CLUB DETAILS: Saint Raphael's Service, CO KILDARE
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
I feel great and very happy to represent my country and to on Team Ireland.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been playing basketball for over 10 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
Club and Ireland Games Training. Walking every day and cycling depending on the weather. The gym every Wednesday and Thursday - doing AB roller and treadmill. I am going to start yoga and pilates.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
Very proud and excited to have the opportunity to meet new friends and to represent Ireland.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory was the Opening Ceremony and getting my medal. The gear and new friends and keeping in contact with everyone.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?I like oigng out for dinner, the movies, bowling and Snooker.