Basketball - Amy Duffy
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:33
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Amy Duffy
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Basketball
CLUB DETAILS: Sword Special Olympics Basketball Club
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It means that I get to play the sport that I love to play.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have been playing basketball for about eight years now.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
Well I train on a Tuesday in ALSA and I do aerobics on a Thursday.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I felt honoured and proud because of being given a second change of representing my country at the World Games.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best memory is going to Athens in 2011 because before I went to Athens I was not that confident and when I came back my confidence was boosted.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PASTIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I work in Dunnes Stores three days a week. I have one brother, one sister and I have a niece and nephew. I like going to the cinema.