Badminton - Brian Hooper
Published 17/07/2015 | 15:33
Ahead of the Special Olympics in LA next month, we are profiling all of our athletes taking part.
NAME: Brian Hooper
SPORT COMPETITION AT GAMES: Badminton
1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE AN ATHLETE WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS IRELAND?
It means training really hard.
2) WHAT ARE YOUR SPORTS AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB?
I have played Badminton for 2 years. I have played Soccer for 2 years.
3) WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING AND PREPARATION ARE YOU DOING FOR THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
Playing Badminton – throwing and catching.
4) HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WERE SELECTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CLUB AND COUNTRY AT THE LOS ANGELES GAMES?
I was very very excited and over the moon.
5) WHAT IS YOUR BEST MEMORY ABOUT YOUR TIME WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
My best moment was when I won my GOLD medal in Limerick with Anne in the Mixed Doubles.
6) FINALLY, CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (HOBBIES, PAST-TIMES ETC) AND YOUR FAMILY?
I have a great time with my Uncles/Aunties and going to my Nanny for Christmas. I like listening to music.